Short film idea??

Last night I started writing. After about an hour, this is what I had. I think I like it!! Lol


I was sitting at my vanity when she appeared in the mirror behind me. "You look beautiful." She whispered, a smile parting her lips.
"You came." I looked up and smiled at her in the mirror.
"Did you think I would miss helping you get ready for your prom?" She pulled a curler out of my hair and watched as the small curl fell to my shoulders.
"I started to. You weren't around when I was picking out a dress."
"You know I don't do department stores. I knew you would make a good choice." She continued removing the curlers and I started on my makeup.
"Do you think he will like this?" I asked, meeting her eyes in the mirror.
"If he doesn't, then he doesn't know what he's missing."
"Ohh, I'm so nervous! Think he'll ask me tonight?"
She laughed and put her arms around me. "Patience baby, patience. He'll ask when he's ready. There is no need to rush anything."
I smiled and reached to hug her. "I love you mom."
"I love you too. I'll see you later." She stood and started to leave.
"But you only just got here?"
She pointed to the clock on my wall, "Your date will be here any minute."
I smiled; she did too. "Bye."
"Bye baby."
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
Again at the vanity, I sat staring at the cap atop my head, unable to believe the day had finally arrived. She walked up behind me and smiled as she began smoothing out the wrinkles in my gown. "My college graduate. I knew you could do it."
I laughed nervously, "That makes one of us. I still think something will happen and they'll take my diploma away at the last second."
She laughed and smiled at me in the mirror, "Don't say things like that baby, you've worked hard to get where you are, and I am so proud of you."
She straightened the cap and I sighed, "Do you think he'll ask me tonight?"
She just shook her head, "He's being smart. He waited for you to finish. I'm sure it will be soon. He want's it to be special."
"Right." I smiled as she pulled a strand of hair away from my face. "I'm so nervous."
She put her arms around my shoulders, "Don't be. You walk out on that stage tonight with the confidence that you earned that diploma and you deserve it. Understand?"
I smiled and reached for her hands. "You got it mom. I love you."
"I love you too."
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
I sat at the vanity I'd been using since childhood, the one that housed so many memories of my mother, as I got ready for my wedding. She appeared behind me again, tears in her eyes. "My beautiful baby, all grown up."
I grinned and held my hand so she could see it in the mirror. "He finally asked me."
"I can see that." She laughed, taking a few steps closer.
"Mom I am so nervous. Am I supposed to be this scared?"
She put her hands on my shoulders and smiled down at me. "Every girl is nervous on her wedding day. It's normal, and it will go away. Trust me."
"Do you think he'll like the dress?"
She set the veil on my head and her eyes shone brighter than I'd ever seen them. "He will love it just as much as you did when you picked it out."
"I saw you there." I told her. "When I was shopping with your sister."
"I couldn't stay with you the whole time-too many people-but I did come for a while. I loved watching you try a few on."
"It was more fun knowing that you were there."
She wrapped her arms around me and smiled. "Are you ready?"
"I'm ready." I smile as I look into her eyes. "I love you."

"Who are you talking to?"
I turn and see my best friend standing in the doorway. I look into the mirror and see my mother smiling, shaking her head.
"No one." I smile as I situate the veil.
"Are you sure? You're not seeing-"
"No Leah, I haven't seen her since I was 12." I assured my friend.
"Ash, she died when you were-"
"I know, ok? I was just talking to myself. I'll be out in a minute."
She sighed, "Ok. Joshua's waiting."
I smiled, "I know."
She left and closed the door behind her. "You were smart not to tell here." My mom said as I looked back into the mirror.
"I know. They don't believe that you're here. But that's ok."
She put her arms around me again and I looked into her eyes. "I love you mom."
"I love you too bay."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Mamma/My Day With You

Something a Little Random

Love Languages