My Dream

I decided to write down my dream. Write down exactly how I would plan for my life to turn out, if I were given the chance. After all, you can't go after what you want unless you know what it is, right?

To start with, I'd like to graduate before I am 25 with a degree in theatre. Sometime, maybe before or maybe after I graduate, I'd like to mary my best friend. A man who shares my passions and convictions and with whom I could build a relationship founded on unconditional love and devotion. I guess you could call me a romantic, but why should a marriage be anything different? I'd want at least two children, twins, and at least one a girl. I'd keep them safe from every harm I could-including those this world does not see as harmful.

There is this old theatre in Branson Missouri. At least, I think it's a theatre. From the front it looks just like a huge mansion, but from the back you can tell that it is so much more. I'd want to call it mine. To start a theatre of my own, focused most on sharing the gospel. At least once, I'd get together those considered part of the 'old team' (the current team of close knit teens in Break of Day) and we would do a show together. With Cheryl directing of course.
But the theatre would be mine. I would have an office, so I could work there even between shows, and my children would grow up playing in the lobby or backstage. I'd spend a good part of my life surounded by what I love, doing what I love. Theatre.

But between shows, I would continue to write. Books, short stories, even plays. I would be published, doing well enough to keep the theatre running and have my children in a Christian school, but not the most well known.

The theatre would also make the perfect place to have a church. Sharing the gospel through preaching, teaching, music, and theatre. What more could I ask for?

So, that's my dream. I admit, I am a dreamer. I've been dreaming about that old theatre ever since I first laid eyes on it. And I never would have if a trip to Silver Dolllar City hadn't gone wrong. So maybe, just maybe, that was a part of God's plan? I don't know, but I can hope. And I can pray. Haha, because my Daddy God will listen to even the silliest of dreams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Mamma/My Day With You

Something a Little Random

Love Languages